Windows Passive Crossover Designer (WinPCD) v1.6 Changes, 20 Oct 2022
There are so many additions and changes to WinPCD in v1.6 that it needed its own page
- Duelund filter tab. Calculates and populates the filter paramaters in the WinPCD tabs for 3-way Duelund crossover targets. Duelund section targets cannot be determined separately, the sections must be calculated for a specific set of parameters.
- Added new tab for vertical polar response graphs (polar nodes).
- Front hemisphere power has a new calculation with a hemispheric weighting scheme that provides a more accurate result.
- The power response graph now includes a listening window response calculated from front hemisphere data that is the power for a window that is +/- 10 degrees vertical, +/-30 degrees horizontal.
- Complete re-do of uncorrelated power response. Uncorrelated Power is calculated using only on-axis data.
- Many changes to reference angle treatment for Bessel calculation correction.
- Frequency range upper limit is now 50000 Hz.
- System Tab showing new 'Last Imported/Saved Filename' controls
- New Duelund target example
- New Polar Nodes graph example
- Update front hemisphere power/listening window example
User Interface (UI) Changes
- System Impedance was not updated with tweeter or midrange set inactive. Fixed.
- Front Hemisphere graph was limited to 30khz. It's now 50khz.
- Added Drag-n-Drop for session file read.
- Added Drag-n-Drop for file selections.
- Added "Last Imported/Saved Filename" controls.
- Added error messages for "files not found" during project file import.
- Import of saved session file with driver SPL adjustment no longer applies the adjustment on re-load unless set in the file.
- Fixed Textbook Filter Value dialog.
- Textbook filter initializaion now uses target order instead of crossover order.
- Initialization of textbook values will now auto-calculate the new curves.
- BesselPhaseMatch HP 4th order textbook calculations corrected.
- Added textbook calculations for Duelund filters.
- Fixed directivity for Listening/Measuring Distance changes.
- Fixed issue at 11K when directivity is active. Problem was Bessel function at high frequencies. It's not monotonic.
- Added Duelund to export/import of session file.
- Added default Duelund selections for aleph.
- Schematic Overlay changed to 2 digit decimals for all but pure resistors.
- Scroller display values are now at least 2 decimal places.
- Hemisphere power response window is now re-sizable.
- Power response graph is now resizable.
Other Small Changes
- Renamed "Polar Position" on power graph to "Spinorama Vector".
- Driver Directivity Inactive setting was left active on re-initialize session. Fixed.
- Drivers are now set to inactive on re-initialize.
- Power Response window is now closed on session load.
- System window is now closed on re-initialize program.
- Setting tweeter inactive did not remove the T Eq curve from the system graph. Fixed
- Bessel response changes moving tje curve in the same direction off of 0 degrees now corrected.
- Opening old session versions with Offsets for drivers that were still set from the previous session
- Polar jumped when mic angle = reference angle (or maybe when vertical rotation = 0).
- Mic angles reset on Re-Initialize Session.
- Extended comment query for csv save in surface plot data.
- Commented out messagebox for system save context menu options.
- Added event handler for ctrl-s (Save) shortcut. This now brings up the Save Session dialog from anywhere in the app.
- Added target filter phase to driver tab SPL graphs. Only had magnitude. This allows export for simulated driver responses originally set to 180 degrees.
- Duelund target export default type is frd.
- Import/Export session file request now closes the SystemGraph window for the title to be updated to the new session name.
- Reset Ref Angles on import of a new session.
- Fixed phase overshoot on graph at 180 degrees. Changed phase curve to 0F for (no) smoothing to eliminate overshoort at 180/-180 degrees.
- Added an icon to the System Graph Window.
- Removed the zedgraph "Save" messagebox option.
- Removed the tag from display on the front hemisphere graph.
- Eliminated all message boxes on import/export session/crossover files that required the user to acknowledge
each one to continue.
- Added the filename to the power response window.
- Crossover components are set gray in "Clear Crossover Values", not set normal on Initialize.
- Initialize textbook did something strange if Bessel of some kind is selected. Fixed.
- Import WMT after previous had the SPL adjust set causes imported file to be "adjusted" in error. Fixed.
- Ref Angles are now reset on import of a session file.
- SPL Adjust is now reset on import session.
- Corrected form save for woofer diameter.
- Fixed export/import project for filter order.
- Import project should now accept previous versions of the PCD again.
NOTE: This will, of course, leave many items blank, those that never existed
in the PCD spreadsheet.
- Added "WinPCD" icon to all graphs.
- Updated the target help file.